blog articlenow hiring
Come grow with us! Calbert Design Group, located in Kennesaw, GA, is currently seeking an experienced and self-motivated Project Architect with technical and creative skills to balance design with constructability.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a collaborative environment on multiple projects in various stages of design and construction. We are a small group, but the environment is fast-paced, and our national portfolio covers a range of projects including child care, private education, recreation, multifamily, and restaurant projects.
Candidates for this position must exhibit a strong design vocabulary, as well as an ability to contribute to and often manage the creative process to develop innovative design solutions. Strong communication skills are needed: you’ll be working with clients, consultants, co-workers, and material vendors on a daily basis. We are looking for the perfect fit–someone who is looking to grow and lead.
- Architectural degree from NAAB accredited university.
- Architectural Registration a plus.
- Minimum 10 years architectural work experience after graduation in architect’s office.
- AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Photoshop skills required.
- Experience working on existing building remodels a plus.
- Function as a Designer and Project Manager on designated projects.
- Attend meetings with clients, consultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Develop space plans that are responsive to and conform to the program requirements and client’s goals and objectives.
- Prepare conceptual design sketches that illustrate the architectural treatment of the space and develop concept presentations illustrations for client presentations.
- Research products and systems that accomplish the design intent.
- Develop plans, elevations and architectural details that illustrate the design intent.
- Development construction documents to insure compliance with design intent, building codes, and accessibility requirements.
- During the construction phase, prepare document revisions, review contractor’s submittals, attend job site meetings to review elements of the construction to ensure compliance with the design intent of the approved construction documents.
Submit your resume to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org– NO phone calls, please!
If you’re a young architect and want to learn more about the real estate development process, check out the training program that all of our staff must complete.